National Garden Clubs, Inc.
Pacific Region Garden Clubs, Inc.
California Garden Clubs, Inc.
Sacramento River Valley District
Mary Colridge – 707-427-8455
“Plants make people happy”
International Bird Rescue Solano County Adopt-A-Bird Program, for the preservation of water birds in Solano County
Did You Know?
Fairfield, CA was known as the œGeranium City in 1956”the year that Geranium City Garden Club was founded”because so many home landscapes were planted with geraniums.
Fairfield Adult Recreation Center
1200 Civic Center Drive, Fairfield CA
3rd Wednesday of the month,
September – June
To increase knowledge and interest in amateur gardening and plant life and to promote horticulture activities in the Fairfield-Suisun area. Programs are planned monthly with guest speakers on a variety of garden topics.
Programs are planned monthly with guest speakers on a variety of topics
- September 21, 2022 – Growing and Care of Camellias
- October 19, 2022 – Growing and Caring for Ferns
- November 16, 2022 – Growing Microgreens
- January 18, 2023 – Flowers of Jepson Prairie
- February 15, 2023 – Bulbs, Tubers, Rhizomes, and Corms
- March 15, 2023 – Drought Tolerant and Native California Plants
- April 19, 2023 – Flower Arranging
- May 17, 2023 – Field Trip to Soul Food Farm in Vacaville
Garden Club Projects:
- Assist-A-Grad Scholarship: A scholarship to benefit a high school senior in horticulture or related studies.
- Arbor Day: Planting trees in on our community every year.
- Blue Star Memorial Byway Marker: A national tribute to our military forces, American veterans, past, present, and future. The marker stands in Geranium City Garden Club Garden at the Fairfield Senior Center.
- Fairfield Adult Recreation Center: The Garden Club restored, beautified, and maintains the Senior Center patio garden with flowers, shrubs, ground cover, Japanese Maples, a fountain and bird bath.
- Giving Back to the Community: The Garden Club donates to the Suisun Wildlife Center, Rush Ranch, local food pantries, as well as care and rehabilitation centers.
- Pauline Davidson Living Memorial Park: Located on Pennsylvania Ave and Dana Drive at the beginning of the Linear Park in Fairfield. This park is dedicated to Pauline Davidson, founder of the Geranium City Garden Club. The Club continues to maintain the park with the city.
- Penny Pines: The Club donates monthly to the reforestation of our nation’s forests.
- 3 Squares Project: Club members dedicate an area in their home garden to growing vegetables for donation to people in need.