National Garden Clubs, Inc.
Pacific Region Garden Clubs, Inc.
California Garden Clubs, Inc.
Sacramento River Valley District
Mary Colridge – 707-427-8455
“The Love of Gardening is a Seed Once Sown That Never Dies”
International Bird Rescue Solano County Adopt-A-Bird Program, for the preservation of water birds in Solano County
Did You Know?
Fairfield, CA was known as the Geranium City in 1956 the year that Geranium City Garden Club was founded because so many home landscapes were planted with geraniums.
Fairfield Adult Recreation Center
1200 Civic Center Drive, Fairfield CA
3rd Wednesday of the month,
September – June
To increase knowledge and interest in amateur gardening and plant life and to promote horticulture activities in the Fairfield-Suisun area. Programs are planned monthly with guest speakers on a variety of garden topics.
Programs are planned monthly with guest speakers on a variety of topics
- September 20, 2023: Orchids 101: Growing and Care of Orchids
- October 18, 2023: Hummingbird Presentation
- November 15, 2023: The State of Solano County Agriculture
- January 17, 2024: Flower Arranging Workshop
- February 21, 2024: The Cucumber Shop
- March 20, 2024: Morningsun Herb Farm
- April 17, 2024: How to Build a Healthy, Living Soil
- May 15, 2024: Soul Food Farm Field Trip
Garden Club Projects:
- Assist-A-Grad Scholarship: A scholarship to benefit a high school senior in horticulture or related studies.
- Arbor Day: Planting trees in on our community every year.
- Blue Star Memorial Byway Marker: A national tribute to our military forces, American veterans, past, present, and future. The marker stands in Geranium City Garden Club Garden at the Fairfield Senior Center.
- Fairfield Adult Recreation Center: The Garden Club restored, beautified, and maintains the Senior Center patio garden with flowers, shrubs, ground cover, Japanese Maples, a fountain and bird bath.
- Giving Back to the Community: The Garden Club donates to the Suisun Wildlife Center, Rush Ranch, local food pantries, as well as care and rehabilitation centers.
- Pauline Davidson Living Memorial Park: Located on Pennsylvania Ave and Dana Drive at the beginning of the Linear Park in Fairfield. This park is dedicated to Pauline Davidson, founder of the Geranium City Garden Club. The Club continues to maintain the park with the city.
- Penny Pines: The Club donates monthly to the reforestation of our nation’s forests.
- 3 Squares Project: Club members dedicate an area in their home garden to growing vegetables for donation to people in need.