Review the Membership Classes
(see list below) and select the one applicable to your organization
Clubs & Associate Plant Societies:
(NOTE: DO NOT submit an “Annual Dues Form.” The Application Form contains all of the information required.)
- Send completed Application Form with check for dues payable to CGCI to the CGCI Membership Chairman as listed on the form.
- Upon receipt of application the following will be forwarded to the organization’s president:
- A welcome letter, CGCI Directory and a variety of free promotional materials
- Membership cards:
- Clubs: one for each paid individual member.
- Associate plant societies: one card for their records (may receive individual membership cards upon request)
- Club and Associate Plant Society presidents will be added to the electronic mailing list for Golden Gardens eNews, the official publication of CGCI and WACONIAH, the official publication of Pacific Region Garden Clubs.
- The organization will be presented for ratification at the state board meeting or convention following the application date. These meetings are usually held in September/October, February and June. Following ratification the organization will be entitled to representation at the next convention.
- NOTE: New clubs and associate plant societies joining CGCI between January 1 and June 30 shall pay one-half of of the annual dues for the period up to June 30
- Complete and submit the Request for application form.
- Upon receipt of the request form, the organization will be contacted by the CGCI Membership Chairman
- If eligible the Membership Chairman will send a membership application
- Submit the application along with check to the chairman
- Affiliates will receive one membership card for their records.
- The president will be added to the electronic mailing list for Golden Gardens eNews, the official publication of CGCI and WACONIAH, the official publication of Pacific Region Garden Clubs.
Any garden club, plant society or other organization having one or more of the objectives of CGCI shall be eligible for membership providing no sectarian, racial, or political test for membership is required. Bylaws of each membership class shall not conflict with the bylaws of CGCI. No commercial enterprise or agency shall be eligible for membership.
- pays annual dues of $2.75 per capita AND must belong to a district*, is entitled to representation at annual meeting by its president or alternate, and delegates,
- is eligible to participate in the Awards Program and, if qualified, apply for CGCI liability insurance and the CGCI Group Tax Exemption Program. (NOTE: your application form and initial dues payment MUST be received by the Membership Chairman before you can apply for general liability insurance or the Group Tax Exemption Program)
Associate Plant Society (APS):
- is a member of a permanent statewide or national plant society; pays annual dues of $2.75 per capita and is entitled to representation at annual meeting by its president or alternate, and delegates,
- is eligible to participate in the Awards Program and, if qualified, apply for CGCI liability insurance (NOTE: your application form and initial dues payment MUST be received by the Membership Chairman before you can apply for insurance)
- is NOT eligible to apply for the CGCI Group Tax Exemption Program.
- may also belong to a district. (separate district dues may apply) and may join as a club, APS, or affiliate.
- is an organization with one or more of the objectives of CGCI and has a membership of at least ten members; pays annual dues of $50 regardless of size,
- is NOT eligible to apply for liability insurance and/or Directors & Officers insurance, awards program or the CGCI Group Tax Exemption Program
- may also belong to a district. (separate district dues may apply)
- CGCI Life memberships are honorary, non-voting memberships with a one-time fee of $100.
- The proceeds from CGCI Life Memberships support the scholarship program.
- There are also life memberships available for Pacific Region and NGC.
- A Life Membership does not relieve a club from paying state dues for CGCI life members
- Each category of youth gardeners shall be sponsored by a garden club or district, registered annually with CGCI and the members shall have all privileges of CGCI except the right to vote and hold office.
- All categories of youth gardeners shall pay no dues to CGCI.
Circle of Poppies:
- Established in 2005 to honor those who have given extraordinary length of service to CGCI. Membership confers an ex-officio position on the Board of Directors which includes all privileges: voting, making motions, and holding positions but without the obligation of attendance. Nominees to the Circle must be recommended by the Executive Committee and approved by the Board of Directors at any meeting. Former presidents are ineligible. (See Bylaws, Article XVl)
Membership dues to NGC, including dues for youth gardeners, and dues to Pacific Region shall be paid annually from the general fund.
- The state is divided into 28 geographical districts.
- As a member of CGCI, a club be a member of its local district and support the district by paying district dues. (dues vary by district).
- It is through the district that clubs get together, grow together, exchange ideas, cooperate to achieve mutual goals and much, much more.