Speakers Projects Activities Photo Gallery
Pinole Garden Club invites you to join us. We have been active for over 65 years and are very proud of all that we have achieved. Our club is dedicated to creating and promoting a further interest in gardening, in plant life, pollinators and in appreciation of the natural beauty of California. We are service oriented and community minded. Some of our projects are: Maintaining the Welcome Wall for the City of Pinole, caring for the rose garden at the historic Faria House, performing our award winning skit “A Tree Grows in Pinole” for local kindergartners, providing and decorating the annual Christmas Tree and Candy Cane Guessing Contest at the Pinole Library, organizing a Front Yard Landscaping Contest, our Annual Spring Plant Sale, contributing to Penny Pines reforestation, and more.
Our newest projects are:
- Our Free Seed Library. Launched this Summer 2021, we invite the community to visit our seed collection at the Pinole Library. There you can “checkout” a packet of your favorite seeds (plants, flowers or vegetables) and take them home to germinate and grow. When they have matured, we ask that you harvest the seeds and “return” them to the Seed Library so they are available for the next person to “borrow”. Super strains will be created for our area, advice and tips will be given, and perhaps even an end of season harvest to share.
Other current projects include the following:
- Eighty tree roses are lovingly maintained by club members at the historic Faria House. An annual Rose Pruning Workshop is conducted each January, with an expert from the East Bay Rose Society on hand to share her knowledge and educate members. Monthly care is provided thereafter and we are extremely happy to provide this service to the City of Pinole.
- The Welcome Wall is at the 80 East Freeway onramp, and serves as a friendly entrance to our community. The club plants this area, maintains it on a monthly basis and also decorates it for holidays and Christmas.
- The Blue Star Marker also can be found at the entrance to 80 East, and commemorates those community members who have served in the Armed Forces. The marker is decorated with flags by our club, and the area is currently maintained by Cal Trans.
- The planters at City Hall provide the city employees and community members with a peaceful place to enjoy the beauty of flowers. The club will provide plants and maintain 10 planters throughout the front of the building and on the patio.
- Our club takes an active role in renewing our national forests through the State of California’s Penny Pines project. For each $68.00 that we collect, a plantation of approximately 350 trees on a little less than an acre are planted. The native trees chosen are cedar, fir, redwood, oak and various pine varieties. We purchase plantations to honor club members and also community members in memoriam. A certificate of appreciation and a thank you note are also provided.
- Scholarships are awarded annually to assist those students choosing a career in agriculture or a horticultural interest.
Pinole Garden Club is a non profit 501 (C) (3) organization. A portion of our members’ dues are used to maintain membership and benefits in the following organizations: California Garden Clubs, Inc., nd Bay Bridges District. In addition a portion is used to fund liability insurance and our club yearbook.
Pinole Garden Club is a social group of gardening enthusiasts. We offer interesting speakers at our monthly meetings addressing gardening and nature subjects; tours; the opportunity to learn; the opportunity to contribute to the improvement of our community and our environment; and fun and friendship.
Membership is open to any person interested in increasing his/her knowledge of gardening. We enjoy each other, all things green and growing, and leaving our community and environment better than we found it. We manage to have a lot of fun too. You do not need a green thumb to qualify!
Dues: $25 Annually
Meetings: Start at 1:00pm and are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from September through June except December (Christmas party) & April (annual luncheon). General Meetings run from 1:00-2:00pm, and guest speakers present from 2:00-3:00pm. Guests are welcome to attend the General Meeting.
Location: Pinole Valley Community Church, 2885 Pinole Valley Road, Pinole, CA. 94564
Contact Us: PO Box 25, Pinole CA 94564-0025, Phone: 510-260-5068
For more ideas about our club, please find us on Facebook: Pinole Garden Club
Check out our new website at: https://pinolegardenclub.godaddysites.com‹
Download Membership Application – PGC-MembershipApplication.pdf