Established in 1928, the Roseville Better Gardens Club is an award winning, non-profit educational organization affiliated with California Garden Clubs, Inc. The club’s objectives are to promote, create and further interest in amateur gardening, in plant life and in wildlife. Join one of the oldest garden clubs in California, learn about gardening, meet new gardening friends and have fun! As of October 11, 2021, we have 55 members.
- Monthly meetings with knowledgeable program speakers
- Informative horticultural presentations
- Community service activities and funds awarded to non-profit groups for horticulture, conservation and wildlife projects
- Special field trips, tours, workshops and activities
- Sharing of gardening information and techniques
- Monthly newsletters
- Annual scholarships to college students pursuing a horticulture-related degree *
When: 3rd Tuesday of the month from September through May) **
Where: Maidu Community Center – 1550 Maidu Drive, Roseville, CA 95661 (off of Rocky Ridge Drive between Douglas Boulevard and Cirby Way)
Time: Doors open at 12:15 PM; meetings 12:30 – 2:30 PM (Note new time for meetings beginning September 2021)
GUESTS ARE WELCOME AT OUR MEETINGS!!
Membership dues are currently $30 per person or $45 for two people in the same household.
- Food Bank Donations – Orangevale – Fair Oaks Food Bank
- Maidu Park Clean – Up each Fall
- Blue Star Memorial
- Penny Pines Conservation Program
- Community Service: Maidu Park Clean-up; Orangevale and Placer Food Banks
- Sponsored Youth Projects – Schoolyard Habitat Project at the Discovery Club, Green Oaks Fundamental Elementary in Orangevale, CA
- Members’ Garden Tour
- Opportunity Table at General Meetings
- Monthly Programs and Tours
- ANNUAL PLANT & BAKE SALE – PLANT AND GARDEN RELATED ITEMS
- Creative garden art made by members
- Plant/Boutique and Opportunity Table at General Meetings
- Workshops for members and guests and special tours
- For more information on RBGC, please contact Pam Thompson, President at (916) 995-3114 or email: email@example.com.
- If you would like to become a member, please contact Diane Dillard, Membership Chair, at (916) 988 – 3850 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow our club Facebook page for gardening information and updates on our club projects and activities: Search “Roseville Better Gardens Club, Roseville, CA”
*Click on the Scholarships link above.
** The June meeting is held off-site for the Installation and Awards Lunch and NOT held at Maidu Community Center. Sometimes the meeting may be changed due to a holiday (November/December). The club does not have regular meetings or scheduled member activities in July or August.