Established in 1928, the Roseville Better Gardens Club is an award winning, nonprofit educational organization affiliated with California Garden Clubs, Inc. The club’s objectives are to promote, create and further interest in amateur gardening, plant life, conservation and wildlife. Join one of the oldest garden clubs in California, learn about gardening, meet new gardening friends and have fun! As of September 12, 2023, we have 67 members and growing.
The Roseville Better Gardens Club membership offers:
- Monthly meetings with knowledgeable program speakers
- Informative horticultural presentations
- Community service activities and funds awarded to non-profit groups for horticulture, conservation and wildlife projects
- Special field trips, tours, workshops and activities
- Sharing of gardening information and techniques
- Monthly newsletters
- Annual scholarships to college students pursuing a horticulture-related degree (click on Scholarship link above for more information)
GENERAL MEETINGS: (3rd Wednesday of each month from September to May; no meetings held during December and the summer)
- 2023 – 2024 General Meeting Dates*
- September 20, 2023 (Wednesday)
- October 18, 2023 (Wednesday)
- November 15, 2023 (Wednesday – 2nd Wednesday)
- January 17, 2024 (Wednesday)
- February 21, 2024 (Wednesday)
- March 20, 2024 (Wednesday)
- April 17, 2024 (Wednesday)
- May 15, 2024 (Wednesday)
- Where: Maidu Community Center – 1550 Maidu Drive, Roseville, CA 95661 (off of Rocky Ridge Drive between Douglas Boulevard and Cirby Way)
- Time: Doors open at 12:30 PM; meetings 1:00 – 3:00 PM
- GUESTS ARE WELCOME AT OUR MEETINGS!!
- We socialize and celebrate in December (Holiday Luncheon) and June (Installation and Awards Luncheon) – no regular meetings in those two months. The club does not have regular meetings or scheduled member activities in July or August.
- Annual membership dues are currently $30 per person or $45 for two people in the same household. After September, dues are prorated at $3 per month.
- If you would like to become a member, please contact ANITA URIE, Membership Chair, at (916) 774-2816 or email: email@example.com
- Acres of Hope Prayer Garden and Vegetable Garden
- Penny Pines Conservation Program
- Annual Maidu Park Clean-up
- Orangevale-Fair Oaks Food Bank & Farm
- Sponsored Youth Project – Schoolyard Habitat Project at the Discovery Club, Green Oaks Fundamental Elementary in Orangevale, CA
- The Petal Connection
- ANNUAL PLANT SALE – member grown plants, garden related items, and bake sale.
- In Spring, this is our major fundraiser
- Master Gardeners Garden Faire (plant sale)
- Silent auctions at Holiday Luncheon and again in spring
- Plant/Boutique and Opportunity Table at General Meetings
TOURS, WORKSHOPS, ETC.
- Annual Tea & Tour — tour of 2 member gardens
- Member Plant and Seed Exchange
- Garden crafts workshops
- Garden-related tours
- Annual Propagation Workshop (preparing for Plant Sale)
- For more information on RBGC, please contact Pam Thompson, President at (916) 995-3114 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow our club Facebook page for gardening information and updates on our club projects and activities: Search “Roseville Better Gardens Club, Roseville, CA”